Thursday 5 November 2009

I hate bonfire night

I have never been a big fan of fireworks. In fact, I have never liked them. It's the noise. I don't like all the cracks and bangs. They can be really pretty to look at but if I never saw one again it wouldn't bother me. I worry about how dangerous they are, and I feel sorry for all the terrified animals. All in all.... I wouldn't be sorry November 5th was cancelled-permenantly.
Teenager and pals have just come in from a bonfire at the local rugby club. They went with their mates and had a good time. At least it stopped raining and they had a dry night. Apparently it was packed out. Clearly lots of people don't feel like me.
We are going to a bonfire party on Saturday night. I like bonfires a lot. There will be fireworks too but I will go inside by the fire while they are on. I will stay in and be nervous with the dog!

4 comments:

Expat mum said...

I like firework displays, where the bangs are at a distance. I always dreaded the aftermath of Bonfire Night because of the reports of terrible injuries. Hopefully with more safeguards in place there will be less.

AGuidingLife said...

I wondered if I was the only person sat inside thinking "I just don't get it - how is this fun? remind me again!" - obviously not!!! Thanks for this post - I feel normal :0)

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I like fireworks on the scale. Booya!

Gill - That British Woman said...

totally forgot about it being Bonfire night with you guys, we don't celebrate it over here. I am not a fan of fireworks either.

Gill in Canada