Sunday 15 November 2009

A Phoenix From the Ashes!

Well, I feel so much better! I have slept, lazed and generally chilled out (with mum looking after me in splendid fashion) and now I feel great. Other than coughing, sneezing and laughing which still hurts I am very much on the mend. Keyhole surgery is brilliant! I am so glad the surgeon was able to do it.
The ward I was on was impossibly disorganised. In fact, it would have been very funny if it hadn't been quite serious. Hospital does certainly bring out a certain sense of humour and camaraderie develops between patients which is second to none. Old or young, rich or poor, everyone sticks together and looks after each other.
It was when the sister in charge turned up to tell me my son would be turning up in ten minutes to collect me that I finally realised she had lost the plot. I started to point out that wouldn't be possible. She started to argue saying she has spoken to him on the phone for ten minutes. I then pointed out that he is fourteen and would be at school. " WHO HAVE I BEEN TALKING TO THEN?" She shrieked. I told her I had no idea....
Turns out her conversation had been with the son of the lady in the bed opposite, who had been told that she was staying in for the rest of the week. Oops.

7 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's both funny and scary at the same time!!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Gill in Canada

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Joe, I'm so glad you're feeling much better and being taken care of by the best nurse in the world-your mum!

Funny story about the hospital. Or maybe not! Ha!

Happy Monday!

Gentle Hugs,

Renie

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh...so glad you made it out safely and that Mum was taking good care of you!!!! Rest up, Suz

l'optimiste said...

great news about your surgery/recovery - the hospital sounds pretty normal ;o)

Loopin said...

Oh dear! You have to laugh, though...

Glad to hear you are so thoroughly on the mend.

Anonymous said...

It's worrying how nursing staff know nothing about their patients these days! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Keep it up!

Clippy Mat said...

hmm sounds like the hospital i worked in before i left to come to canada. same sister i think? glad your stay wasn't unpleasant anyway.
;-)