Saturday 13 June 2009

chocolate chillis and coffee in Seattle

More pictures from my wonderful holiday....

How difficult is it to stay on a diet in the US? Look at these chocolate tempatations at Pike Place Market. I think the shop was called Chocolate Mountain. Other half and I had chocolate covered strawberries, and I had a white chocolate and pecan covered marshmallow on a stick. Yum.


These are chillis in a hanging arrangement- wonderful aren't they? I would have brought one back but exporting veg to the UK is not allowed sadly. Bah!

The first Starbucks ever was started in Seattle in Pike Place Market- the front of the star is like the original apparently. We had a coffee there- it was exciting to know I was at the original store.... we got some mugs and other half bought some coffee beans. I have since pointed out to him that we have no coffee grinder ( small detail).

2 comments:

Gberger said...

I have heard that a spice grinder works, but I haven't tried it. On a camping trip, our friend used a mortar & pestle to grind beans that he had first roasted over the fire. Just a thought. =)

Kathryn said...

My 14 year old is a mega fan of Starbucks - we don't have them in Italy so anytime he goes out of Italy the first place he heads for is....Starbucks! Now he knows where the original one is he'll probably start saving so he can get there one day!!! ps great photos!!