Wednesday 21 October 2009

Wednesday update

First of all and before I forget. Why not hop across to Pond Parleys today to have a look. Co written by Expat Mum ( see blog list) and Mike Harling it's a great read, exploring the special relationship and differences between the UK and the US. Enjoy. The current host culture post is great fun.


All is going pretty well here. I couldn't say I would give it a ten out of ten, but it's a whole lot better than last week's 'tough week'. Teenager and exchange partner are still having a great time. On half term holiday, and enjoying the chill out. Sleep in late in the morning, late breakfast, late lunch etc, hang out with mates when they get back from school ( teenager gets two weeks off at this time of year for some obscure reason- other local schools are still working this week). They have had a few outings too. Yesterday to Kendal, the other day to the cinema, and tomorrow ( cue large sigh from me) a trip to Blackpool. At least we will get to see the famous Blackpool illuminations.


The weather is hugely disappointing this week. Damp and cold. It has been pretty well behaved recently so I hope it is just a pre- Blackpool blip.

Digestively things seem to be pretty calm I am delighted to report. I seem to have got the diet cracked and have found things that seem to suit the gall bladder well. It's very boring but better than pain. No confirmation on the operation yet...it seems to be creeping ever further towards Christmas. Speaking of the latter ....it has hit bigtime over here now. Cards, wrapping, three for two gift sets and baubles galore ( and it's still only October-sigh).

6 comments:

Saz said...

nice one...anotherearly christmas wrapper upper!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sounds like the boys are enjoying themselves...it is good to be them huh?
Glad you are feeling well...gosh, I hope your surgery is done well before the crazy holidays.
I see the Christmas stuff in the stores. IT makes me CRAZY!!!

Loopin said...

Budget-wise you have to think about Christmas before December - but I do think we shouldn't really have the commercial overdrive until nearer the time!

It seems to go - "back to school", "hallowe'en", "christmas" with no time to draw breath in between. I find it exhausting, and I don't even have kids!

Really hope your surgery date doesn't keep moving towards Christmas though - that's one present you could do without. Great that while you wait your diet seems to be keeping you on an even, if boring, keel.

Expat mum said...

Thanks for the plug!! The good thing about being in the States is that everyone has Halloween and then Thanksgiving to distract them before the run up to Xmas.

Gill - That British Woman said...

it must be the time for visiting Blackpool, as my mam and step-dad are going next week for a few days....I always enjoyed the illuminations....

Gill in Canada

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Thank you so much for the birthday greetings! :-)

Glad to hear you're feeling better, but sorry that your surgery seems keep being pushed farther back.

Happy weekend, or what's left of it for you. It's the wee hours of Sunday morning here. Off to bed soon for me!

Hugs,

Diane