Sunday 24 January 2010

January

I have had some lovely comments about the photo at the top of my blog, and must give credit for this to our very good friend Martin who is a great photographer. He took the above too. I think it a fabulous shot. It is a picture of our friend Mick ( our best man) on a walk that the lads did in 2008. An annual event, other half and his mates ( and now teenager) go off for the weekend to walk the beautiful lakeland hills.
I can hardly believe that January is coming to a close soon. Some people say it is a long month, and indeed the freezing cold and dark can make it feel that way. For us though it has been going at a tidy gallop... with a lot going on.
I am still on my diet and it is going well. It has been very tough in the cold. I suffer from chilly extremities at the best of times ( too much info?) but the low calorie low fat diet makes it doubly frosty. I am so glad I got going on it though- two weeks gone. and rid of the festive excess and five extra pounds. Folk are starting to notice progress again: always gratifying.
I really hoped to get exercising again but unfortunately have been struggling with sciatica.
It is a damn nuisance and caused ( according to osteo) by a fallen arch on my right foot. I now have some foot inserts on my right boot/shoe and it is helping slowly. I start physio soon too which should make a big difference. What a bore and back pain ( as I am sure many of you out there will know) is very wearing and tiring. I have avoided chugging back too many painkillers- they can cause problems of their own.
Exciting times at work. Our new training room opened on Friday. We started a programme involving ten people, two trainers and two assistants. It is beautiful and I am very proud of it. Pictures when I can! It has been a lot of hard work and determination but worth it. It is a real milestone for us both. The year is looking promising, but we are too long in the tooth to be complacent.
Hope your January is going well and that the weather is being kind to you!

8 comments:

Saz said...

just gets better and better here, the views your words....very upbeat and positive place to be is it the NLP? l've often wondered about it...is it similar it CBT I'm on a course at the moment?

take care

saz x

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Your friend has a good eye for photos. :o)

Good for you re: the dieting. My feet and hands have frozen this Winter and I'm not on anything even remotely resembling a diet.

Looking forward to the new photos. Have a great week!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds exciting! :-) You are sounding much more positive again which is great. Keep it up and don't work too hard. x

Expat mum said...

I have those foot inserts (custom made orthotics) to help with my crooked feet which in turn cause wonky hips and back problems. They have definitely helped. I never knew most back things start in the feet. We did quite a few x-rays of all the arches (there are several) in my feet and none of them matched.

Gill - That British Woman said...

love both the header photo and the photo in the post. Such depth in that photo.

Glad things are going well for you,

Gill in Canada

Loopin said...

What a shame your hopes for starting an exercise programme have been thwarted by sciatica. Hope the recommendation from your osteo gives you the relief you need.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your training room, and glad it's inaugural outing was successful. Always great when your hard work and preparation pay off - congratulations!

Well done, too, on the success you have experienced re-starting your diet - five extra pounds is a great achievement.

l'optimiste said...

blimey! way to go with the dieting! It's great when other people notice weight loss. Helps one stick it.

I always have frozen feet and hands too - roll on the spring! Plus it's easier to face salad when it's warmer :o) My diet is not going too well, but I'm hanging in there...

Amazing views!!

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Good luck with the diet! Here's hoping I can shift a few pounds this year..........Hxx