Anyway- you know it's Christmas in the Lakes when:
- Lakeland Jo is seen dashing down the path first thing on a dark icey morning to give the bin men their festive beer.
- Lakeland Jo is leaving beer out on the doorstep for the milkman as well as empty milk bottles.
- Lakland Jo is listening intently for postman to give him his festive treat, only to find its a temporary helper and not the usual man.
- Lakeland Jo is missing M and S food ordering deadlines, and interflora deadlines.
- Lakeland Jo is buying a large bottle of Baileys.
- Windermere and Bowness are very very quiet- mainly locals in December.
- I am stocking up on M and S stuffings in the freezer- they are lovely!
- The heating is on all day if you are in the house
- The lights are on all day if you are in the house
- Lakeland Jo is seriously considering buying a light box to mitigate the impact of the interminable grey skies
- Christmas tree lights, lovely shop windows and candles burning at night are a welcome sight in the perpetual gloom.
- Teenager is eating his advent calendar over breakfast and counting down the days.
Now over to you, and thanks to Gill - That British Woman for the idea!