Thursday 24 September 2009

the date


No- I don't mean I have had a hot date or a blind date. Don't think other half would be very keen. I mean I have a date for my operation. It may change nearer the time, but at the moment it is November 4th. Hurray. Hurray. Soon my life of living on dietary eggshells and the threat of hideous pain will all be over. A quick overnight hop into hospital, a quick flirtation with the surgeon's knife, and I will be a new woman.
It really can't come soon enough.
It has been a strange week for many reasons. Some weird things have happened, some good things have happened, some progress has been made in some areas, not in others, and there has been some bad news too.
The bad news is that a very dear and much loved friend has been diagnosed with cancer. She has waited a long time to find out what has been ailing her. A long and frustrating wait for answers. It is the second time this year that one of my closest friends has faced this journey. They were both so completely full of love and support for me when I went through mine in 2007, and now I can only pray that I can offer them the same steady hand and supply of hugs and listening ears.
When life is stripped down to its barest bones, that is really all we have that is valuable and useful. The love and support and kindness of others, and our own commitment to return it in good times and in bad.
Please pray for my friend as she comes to terms with this difficult news. I know she will appreciate the positive energy and good vibes, and she really deserves them.

13 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am happy you have a surgery date, as I am sure you will be counting down the days. I am so sorry to hear of your friend who is sick right now. I am sure with the love and support of family and friends, she will make it through this hard time. I will add her to my prayers. Suz

Nicola said...

I'm so glad you have a date for the operation and finally being pain-free is in sight. And I am so sorry for your friend. My heartfelt thoughts are winging their way to her.

Gberger said...

I'm so thankful that you have a date! It must be awful to suffer attacks like the one in your last post...so debilitating, and triggered for no apparent reason. I'm glad that your Other Half, Teenager & your mother are so supportive and helpful, but I look forward (with you) to your freedom from this problem!
Praying with you for your friend's peace, hope and comfort. May she find the best possible care and be surrounded with love, every step of the way.
God bless you.

Decadent Housewife said...

Oh, Jo, yes, I will pray for your friend. Also understand this only too well.

l'optimiste said...

sending loads of positive thoughts to your friend - I hope she will get to grips with the cancer fast, and beat the crap out of it.

As for you, what a relief it must be to have your date! Yay! It's odd to look forward to surgery - I couldn't WAIT for mine and earned a few strange looks ;o) The relief factor is huge.

Have a great weekend!

Pear tree cottage! said...

From your surgery date you will go forward leaps and bounds I am sure...you must feel better just knowing the "date" is set.

Your friend has my sincere good wishes and prayers on there way from us here in Australia.

Lee-ann

Loopin said...

So glad you've got a date to aim for and anticipate the end to the bouts of pain.

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Horrible news, but I'm sure you'll be a real support to her as she comes to terms with the diagnosis and subsequent treatment.

Sending positive vibes to you and to her.

Jinksy said...

Good vibes already in transit...

Expat mum said...

Pah! I know you'll be a great support to her though.

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of positive vibes to both of you.

It's amazing how healing positivity can be.

Jess said...

Keeping you all in my prayers.


Lots of love....



your 5 words are...

Fear
Body
Autumn
Shapes
Children



Hope these do okay....didnt have your email. LOL


Love, Jess

Lindsay said...

You have my sympathies regarding gallstones. I developed them whilst pregnant (40 years ago) - the pain was excrutiating plus projectile vomiting. The medics wished me to have my baby before they operated so I lived on morphine tablets and obviously a diet. Instead of gaining weight when pregnant I lost 3 stone!

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the pain you've been experiencing and really glad you've got the date for the operation.

Mega sorry to hear about your friend and know that you will be there for her.

You are absolutely right about friends providing love and support - it helps absolutely.

Sending you lots of good vibes, good wishes and hugs. Hxx