Friday 11 September 2009

Normal Service is nearly resumed ( nearly..)

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
This quote is attributed to John Lennon and is one of mum and I's favourites. It's so damned true.
The problem with all this health non-sense ( or lack of health non-sense) is that it is mind blowing. I get back into my routine, get re-focussed on my work, get up to date with all my emails and calls, then BANG!..... off I go again... pain and anxiety, feeling physically awful, feeling mentally hollow, feeling emotionally drained and dis-orientated, feeling adrift and dis-associated.Then the pain goes, the anxiety dissipates, the body starts to feel healed again, the mind starts to respark, and finally the emotional state calms down and association returns. It is exactly that process and in that order. Wonder if this resonates with anyone else who suffers from poor health or perhaps similar repetitive issues and challenges? And one of the toughest life things to handle is that it has a similar affect on the family too. They go through the process with you, albeit not physically.
So we are all getting back on an even keel. And it is good to reflect.
What has come out of my reflection this time is how much I need to some spiritual input: some spiritual perspective and guidance. I am going to a prayer workshop tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. Answers would be good. Peace even better.

6 comments:

Marjie said...

I hope the pain leaves you soon, so you can enjoy the autumn foliage.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I do hope you find your peace and some answers to give you peace.

to answer your question about fish tacos. They are just that, taco's made with grilled or fried fish, Cheese, shredded lettuce (or cole slaw) any kind of fish works, yesterday I had sword fish. yummy.

take care, suz

Saz said...

hOPE THE DAY PASSES WELL FOR YOU...LIFE IS TOUGH ON SO MANY LEVELS, AND THEN THE SUN SHINES AND OUR HEARTS SOARS FOR A MOMENT AND WE SMELL THE ROSES..IT PASSES ALL TO FAST..

Anonymous said...

I too am seeking spiritual answers to help me overcome repeated health problems. I keep being advised to look at what was going on in my life before I became ill and see if there is a pattern of anxiety / fear / insecurity etc. Apparently recognising the 'early warning signs' before they manifest as illness is the key. Not sure if I accept that school of thought but I am working on it as best I can. Good luck and please share your thoughts.

Clippy Mat said...

wishing you Peace.
and good health :-))

Anonymous said...

I recognise your description of fear and anxiety, not through physical illness, but the effect is similar. I hope you find your spritual peace.