Tuesday 15 September 2009

Mamma Mia- the final verdict ( and who is the dad?)

Folks - the scenery just isn't enough. I watched up to Dancing Queen and completely lost the will to live.
Call me serious/ kill joy/ misery/ scrooge but I just hated it. Every minute. And I think I have sussed out why - the singing is so totally awful. It spoils the original songs. Howls of outrage perhaps- but there is only so much cringe-ing a girl can do.
So- it is deleted. It has been erased from Sky Plus, and I can move on. So tell me- who was the dad or did he drown himself in despair before it was revealed?

5 comments:

l'optimiste said...

yep - he drowned himself in dispair!! ;o)

Expat mum said...

Come on - get off the fence.

Bragger said...

The dad is never revealed, although we can surmise since it's Pierce Brosnan that she marries in the end, he's probably the one. Instead the girl ends up with THREE days. **Gag**

Gberger said...

I'm paying close attention here, because we LOVED Mamma Mia! (on stage), but have been reluctant to see the movie for the exact reason you are giving - they aren't SINGERS. Thanks for the heads-up. If you get the chance, go see it onstage!
I love your photos in the previous posting...the one of the lake looks SO MUCH like Washington in the fall!

Gloria said...

I have had it downloaded to watch for ages . . perhaps I won't watch it now lol!! No, I will . . and then return to tell you . . won't read the comments 'cos then I'll know etc etc etc