Wednesday 16 September 2009

Rolling the stone uphill


Do you ever feel as if you are pushing a large and heavy boulder uphill, and just need to get to the top so you can push it over and let it take its own momentum? Well, my life feels like that at the moment.
  • I am waiting for my operation and working hard on keeping well. I am eating the healthiest food imaginable- every day. No alcohol and no fat. Small portions. Designer coffees replaced by plain filters with skimmed milk. My operation is in about six weeks time- I keep focussed on that time and hope for a 100% successful outcome.

  • I am pacing my weight loss. Not too quick but steady progress every week. I have another three stone to go. Nearly at the top of that hill.

  • We are waiting for answers in the business. We want things to pick up and have lots of great proposals and bids in place. We need to work on more. We patiently work at keeping the boulder moving up the hill, keeping our eye on the summit, and stopping briefly for a breath and a rest. It's not the climate to reduce the effort and energy. It's not advisable to panic and take fright. Keep the focus and the faith. We need some answers and some decisions- we just have to wait and keep creating more opportunities.

  • We are making slow and necessary progress on the house outside and in. Cosmetic changes in the main, but necessary. It's coming along. I would like to do more and quickly. I will have to wait until next year, and take my time.

So it's slow and sure wins the day. Keep behind the boulder, keep a strong foothold.....and keep pushing. I will let you know when I am at the top. Anyone else pushing with me?

9 comments:

Loopin said...

I think that's a very apt analogy for parts of many people's lives. I suppose the trick is not to get on the wrong side of the boulder when it gains its own momentum, though!!!

Great news that you're managing to maintain your focus on weight loss in the lead-in to your op. Focusing on what you can see ahead and do something about is always more worthwhile than expending energy worrying about what you can't see and can't affect. Sounds like you know what's required.

You're an inspiration, and you absolutely WILL get there, and so much the richer for the thoughtful way you are tackling the journey!

Jinksy said...

I'm sure you'll have the weight of Blogland lending you a push from its muscled shoulder!

Bragger said...

I'm TERRIBLE at being patient. Even when all logic tells me to go slowly and steadily, I forge ahead. And usually screw up. I hope your health continues to improve.

Busy Bee Suz said...

YEP. Slow and steady wins the race...even the silly turtle knew this. Glad you are doing well...keep it up.

Marian Dean said...

As I used to tell my boys ( one was bright, the other academically challenged) the story of the tortoise and the hare. They both have got where they were going, and both have made good. The tortoise in my case perhaps, just having the edge now!

Love Granny

Lakeland Jo said...

Thanks for all the cheery comments- yes Loopin- I agree with your comment about getting on the wrong side of the boulder. An easy mistake to make LOL!

Expat mum said...

I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

I think that your weight-loss has been awesome. You are a great inspiration. The steady weightloss is so the right way to go as impatience can ruin everything.
Wendy (Wales)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much you can achieve by going slow and steady, slow and steady.

Keep plodding along and you will reach the top with energy to spare!

We are right behind you.