Wednesday 29 October 2008

Freezing in Ireland- the Giant's Causeway

Everyone is talking about it-yes- it's snowing in October. Outrageous- especially when you are on holiday. I expected the weather to be chilly, perhaps a little windy, even a bit wet on some days BUT SNOW?
I brought sturdy shoes, I brought fairly flat black ankles boots but I did not bring wellingtons and thick wooly socks which is what we needed. Especially on the Giant's Causeway.
We went down there today and it was freezing- lovely- but freezing. I vow to go back when it is a little more clement.
It goes without saying- teenager is completely thrilled!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Looks fabulous. I love a brisk, cold day, especially in a beautiful setting. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I think it is funny about your son and his p.j.'s In the summer we try to get my son to sleep shirtless and he insists on wearing something. Silly boys.