Wednesday 25 March 2009


This delightful gentleman ( look at those arms) is not in fact a rock star but Carl Hayman who plays for the Newcastle Falcons Rugby team. He won player of the month in February, and I was invited to the match to present him with his trophy and get a picture with him ( and even perhaps a kiss- a girl can hope). I won a competition .....

It's all happening on Friday night and I CAN'T GO. I go back to the Lakes after a whole week working over here in the North East. I just can't come back over to Newcastle again. Too tiring, too costly, logistically problematic and inconvenient because of other commitments. Sigh. Even with my boundless energy and optimisim, I just couldn't make it work this time.
I just hope I get another chance.

3 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Aw, what a bummer, Jo. He is a hunk, to be sure. Maybe you will get another chance. Hope so.

Hugs,

Renie

Jan said...

Dammit Jo, you should have let me know, I would have stood in for you. :-) That is one nice piece of eye candy.

Anonymous said...

I definitely need to get into rugby! Where you been over this way then Jo? and is that a new photo of you on your profile? I almost didn't recognise you.