Sunday 22 March 2009

a walk in the village

Yesterday I went for a walk in our village ( Bowness on Windermere).
It is five minutes walk from where I live.
As you can see we are very fortunate to live in such a wonderful part of the world.

I never take it for granted.

A HOST OF GOLDEN DAFFODILS



LAKE WINDERMERE AT BOWNESS HARBOUR


SWANS AT BOWNESS HARBOUR


EVENING DRAWS IN AT BOWNESS HARBOUR


OUR LOCAL COSTAS WHERE LOCALS AND TOURISTS CHILL OUT!


A SWAN HANGING ROUND HOPING FOR FISH AND CHIPS
All in a short walk on an errand. Fabulous eh?
Hope you had a great weekend too.
Happy Mother's Day

8 comments:

Nota Bene said...

Greedy swan! ANd I particularly like the pictures of the lake

Expat mum said...

It's not raining!

Gberger said...

That is so very beautiful. I loved seeing your village. Thanks for the pics!

Janet said...

Beautiful photos, Jo. You're making me feel quite homesick.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world!

Pam said...

Okay, now I feel horribly homesick.
Lovely pictures.

tmmb said...

Lovely photos. I'm homesick already. x

Anonymous said...

I loved our visit to Bowness although Jordan was a bit phased by the swans - which were as tall as he was at the time.

We should come over more often, maybe a week in the summer would be nice.