- two root beers ( so hard to get in the UK, and I love it)
- a few bites of blueberry pancake ( with a bit of syrup)
- a few forkfuls of corn beef hash ( breakfast dish)
- a spoonful of warm Tollgate cookie and ice cream
Other than that.... I have been very good indeed. I have no access to scales ( my friend does not have them) so I need to find some today to check on progress.
Now let me tell you what I have resisted.
- pancakes, muffins, hash browns, toast with the wonderful breakfasts
- cakes cakes cakes ( everywhere and the displays in the supermarket are amazing)
- Lays crisps ( I can eat a whole yellow bag- keeping well away)
- Fries ( everywhere, with everything) and every style of potato
- macaroni cheese ( in big pots hot and fresh in the supermarket. It's a wrestle every time)
- fascinating fast food outlets and diners everywhere
The worst temptation was the Brown Bag Cafe near where we are staying. What a wonderful place. We had breakfast yesterday. The plates were HUGE. Check the menu out ( but not if you are on a diet).
Yesterday we went to an outlet mall. I went to my two favourite US shops: Lane Bryant and Coach. Lane Bryant does plus size clothes and wonderful colourful underwear. I have shopped there every since my first trip to Chicago ( hello Expat Mum) and have spend a fortune over the years whenever I can find one ( Orlando, Boston, Chicago and now Seattle).
The good news with my diet is that the stuff is nearly too big for me now. Even their size fourteen trousers ( pants here) are a tad too big but still ok for now. I fit their size 16/18 tops still too, but much of what I tried on was too big. I know this is a good thing. When the other four stones I need to lose have gone, my visits will be history.
So just as well I have found Chico's. A store my friend introduced to me. Lots of bright clothes. I bought a few interesting things yesterday. Their US 14 crops fit me fine.
And as for Coach. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these bags. It is a brand that has not taken off in the UK ( for some bizarre reason) so I love coming the the US to choose one. Yesterday I bought a wallet. I am still thinking about WHICH bag. What a problem to have. I love being on holiday.