Wednesday 5 August 2009

London

I can't quite believe it's Wednesday night already. Where does the time go? Other half and I have been in London since Monday, working with a bit of play. This afternoon we had a late lunch in a rather nice Italian ( on Basil Street I think, near Harrods) called Sal and Pepe ( or some such). I had carpaccio of sword fish and some fancy gamberoni and spinach pasta. I have discovered the evil gallstones don't seem to mind olive oil (as long as I don't go completely wild of course).
I am eating industrial quantities of fish at the moment-my system seems to approve. Did I mention we washed said lunch down with a smigeon of red wine? Very good it was too. Celebrating a piece of work well done and enjoyed.
Back to the peace and quiet of our own bed in the lovely quiet lake district tonight. I love a visit to London- but three days is quite enough!Hopefully we will be down again soon to enjoy some serious shopping .... none of my trousers fit now because of the low fat. I need to do trying on for the autumn.

4 comments:

Gberger said...

That sounds like a fun time...and congratulations on the new (smaller) size!

Daisy said...

Wow, congrats on the weight loss - I always seem to tune in when you and your Other Half are down in Lonon eating delicious food! Very jealous, that Italian sounds gorgeous.

Clippy Mat said...

isn't that great to say none of your pants fit and it's because they got smaller instead of the other way around? well done.
:-)

mrsnesbitt said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you have put me in the mood for an itallian! My yorkshire husband however will not be pleased! lol!