Saturday 1 August 2009

Saturday bits and bobs




A few things to post about today. First of all to say how sad I am at the death of Sir Bobby Robson yesterday. He was a lovely man. Well liked by football fans and non football fans alike, and especially loved by followers of the Toon Army. He will be missed.

I am off to Lakeland today with mum for breakfast. For all of you out there who love Lakeland I am now going to brag horribly. We have their head office and flagship store one mile up the road. They have a lovely big cafe and lots of tempting things in the shop.

We need something to cheer us up- the weather is dire again. Raining and dark. I am starting to think about autumn. The shops are full of autumn winter stock. We are going to go and buy more gas for the garden heater today but I wonder whether we will ever get the chance to sit out there again. Rain Rain Rain.

And finally, I think I will have to ask for a whip round. I have now been back from the US for a couple of months now I am running out of things I don't think I can get here ( Expat mum are you reading this?). First of all I need candied pecans- brilliant for salads. I also need some more 'Degree' ( Pure rain) deodorant sticks. I got two free ones in a hotel in San Fran Cisco and I have fallen in love with it. We can't get it here. I need a whole load of 'warm vanilla sugar' products from the Bath and Body works.

I am also need some more baking supplies from my friend B's friend L, who makes gorgeous little chocolate biscuits and sent me home with a huge box. THEY HAVE ALL GONE!!

And I want to go back to the Gene Juarez spa in Redmond to have my hair cut and coloured. Mmmh. I need to go back very soon.

12 comments:

Steve said...

My mum and sister are big Lakeland fans and often visit the shop in York which is invariably packed with people. If they were near the flagship store they'd spend a fortune every week I'm sure.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Can't you order that stuff online??? Well, not the color and cut. ;)
have fun.

Clippy Mat said...

Jo: I knew you'd be posting about Bobby. RIP to him. So glad he got that awesome tribute just before he died.
I am a Lakeland fan. My sis in law sent me a retractable clothesline from there which I really like. I know they ship to Canada but when I'd checked them online I found that they are quite expensive. They do have good stuff tho. Enjoy your shopping. :-)

Expat mum said...

I'll see what I can do - can't promise the whole list as I seem to be granting a lot of wishes for various friends and family members. I can't believe you can't get the pecans. Surely some frou-frou- little shop in the Lakes? If you're really desperate, there are tons of US online shops who will send you all that in the post!

Lakeland Jo said...

Expat- I was joking honest. You will have enough luggage without my pecans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Atkinson said...

And some of their weather too, I shouldn't wonder!

Brian Miller said...

hope the rain blew over. rather dreary here today. settled for a picnic in the living room.

tmmb said...

Ooh, I love the warm vanilla sugar stuff. My sympathies. I'll see what I can do about getting back soon so I can bring you some. :)

Marian Dean said...

I love Lakeland stuff, but I get carried away when perusing the catalogue. All the things I didn't know I couldn't live without suddenly are fighting for cupboard space!!! Hubby keeps me in control now....

Love Granny
ps. move down south it is glorious here!

Loopin said...

Lakeland is great for all sorts of things - and most shops seem to have a yummy cafe, not just the main store.

Great shame about Sir Bobby, but he's left a lasting legacy with his cancer fund, and the high regard he's held in by folks the length and breadth of the country, inside and outside of football. What a beacon of hope he will continue to be having managed to beat cancer so many times before the wretched disease caught him.

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Fascinating! I wonder what would be on a mans list!

Loopin said...

Spotted a commemorative beer being launched across the North East called "Wor Bobby" price includes a 1p donation to Sir Bobby's cancer charity - report on the bbc website if you wanted to link to it! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8184913.stm