Monday 17 August 2009

weekend review




This is Shola Ameobi. He is one of Newcastle United's longest standing players. Often despaired of by the fans because of his performance over the years, he has always been a great favourite of mine. This is mainly because HE HAS THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS ME and therefore he must be a great fellow. On Saturday he scored a hat-trick at St James' against Reading. What as star!! Everyone loves him now- but I always have so there....
I am so inspired by their performance I am taking teenager to see the Toon play Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday night.

Autumn is well and truly here and I caved in yesterday evening and put the heating on for an hour. The house was freezing. The wind was howling. The whole day had been dark and blowy, a bit like Halloween. Hard to remember its still August. The heating felt damned good I have to tell you and I feel no guilt!!

Teenager had a very jolly weekend after a swift recovery from rugby camp. He went for a camp out with his pals. His friend is fortunate to have quite a few fields around his house, and a little wood. The boys pitched their tent in the trees in the shelter from the wind, and apparently slept very well.

I am feeling much better after my little spell in hospital and back to my normal mischievous self. I am hoping to get back to normal this week.

Hope your weekend was good!

5 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Isn't it fun when you root for the guy nobody else is and he does good?

Glad you're feeling back to (ab)normal.

Nicola said...

hey Jo - you sound so much better and I'm glad you are feeling on your way back to being your 'mischievous self'!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better than before!

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Peter must have enjoyed the little camp out in the woods with his friend.

You had the heater on already? My goodness, we had 92F today, but tonight it's raining, so it's a tad cooler. We won't be needing heaters until October sometime, around here. The air conditioner is still getting a good work out now.

Jo, that huge buffet had everything! But I was good, and had some roast turkey and a slice of delicious ham, a nice salad, and some veggies, and I did indulge in a smidgeon of cheesecake. But just s smidgeon. I wanted a hot roll so badly, with honey butter, they had several different kinds, but I did not give in to my yearning for one.

Thank you for the comment. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Hugs,

Renie

@Fat4Now said...

They dont call Shola the "Fenham Eusebio" for nothing ;)

Toon Toon :D
x