Monday 31 August 2009



Well, the picture tells the story doesn't it? But not all of it!
We woke up late expecting the races to be cancelled in light of the dire forecast. But no- the announcement was positive. They were going ahead. After a quick turn around including swift picnic preparation, we set off to our friends' house for coffee. They have just moved beside the race course to a lovely cottage- and served homemade cake. I couldn't have any - I was very sour!
We set up camp afterwards at the race-course and miraculously the rain stayed away until the fifth race. We managed to sit outside at the car, and had a lovely time. All eight of us. Six adults and two teens. It was fun.
I had one reasonable winner but I wasn't on top form. Other half and teenager did better.
Just before the fifth race the heavens suddenly opened. It was a spectacular display of water, followed by a spectacular display of mud and stuck cars. We managed to get out ok.
I have just made a homemade chicken curry for the boys. I had a piece of plain cod. I am having to be hyper careful. I am still in some pain. It is very tedious. But folks- I am feeling a lot more cheery compared to yesterday.
If Newcastle United beat Leicester tonight, that will be boost too.
Hope everyone who had a bank holiday today had a fun ( and dry) one.

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sounds like fun, until you had to dash out.
Take care....plain cod? you poor dear.

Nicola said...

So glad you are feeling a bit better. And enjoyed a good day at the races (that curry sounds scrummy). I would love to have a day at the races but keep forgetting to organise it. Here's another prompt to get my act together!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

No Bank Holidays here in the US. :-/

Glad you had an enjoyable day, albeit wet and without cake.

And yes, Emmy's Winnie the Pooh is indeed well loved. :o)

Have a great rest of your week, and hope your digestive troubles are soon over.

Hugs,

Diane

Loopin said...

I hope Newcastle's win cheered you up. Weather sounded horrendous (I was listening to match commentary on the radio as I drove home).

Fingers crossed there's light at the end of the tunnel on your digestive woes. It's not good for you to be constantly in pain, interspersed with agony!

Tracey said...

Glad your feeling better today chuck.. Isn't our weather fantastic hahaha xx