Tuesday 18 August 2009

Those were the days my friend....




Mum and I spent a happy day in Lytham St Anne's while teenager and pal rocked and rolled ( and queued) around Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I spent quite bit of the day grizzling about all the food I can't eat any more such as fish and chips, ice cream and so forth. I had grilled plaice for lunch by the way. Anyway. it reminded me of a fabulous plate of one of my favourite foods that I had in San Fran Cisco. Calamari. Deep fried. No wonder I have gall stones and a weight problem! Still it is all in the past...those evil habits. I am now happier and healthier and slimmer.... and grizzling has no calories in it has it?
Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end, we sing and dance forever and a day.... etc etc

13 comments:

Gberger said...

Ooooh, that looks so yummy; we love calamari, too! But being healthy is worth the effort, and I am so glad that you are making these changes for your own long-term good. You are an inspiration.

Bragger said...

Just remember....nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

Yeah right. I should remember that myself. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Why does all the bad stuff taste SOOOO darn good? Glad you are doing well.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Sounds like you had a fun time !
When I was fifteen I worked in Lytham St. Annes running the donkeys on the beach for Pontins.
I was in my glory !
That was until they got away, and ended up rolling in the sand trap on the golf course when the British Open was being played...we didn't get invited back..lol

Loopin said...

Grilled squid is pretty good too - so don't regret that batter coat. You're doing great - keep it up!

@Fat4Now said...

Another Hattrick for Shola tonight ?

Anonymous said...

Really smiled at the bit "I spent quite bit of the day grizzling about all the food I can't eat any more". You are only human after all!
I know from reading your blog regularly that you are feeling so much better now. A bit of grizzling is allowed now and then.
Wendy (Wales)

Lakeland Jo said...

Another win for Newcastle-another goal for Shola

Renie Burghardt said...

Grizzling is quite okay, Jo, it may even help raise ones metabolism a bit, so it's a good thing.

I can't eat anything deep fried and greasy, or I'll be sicker than a dog later. Besides, you know that just being in good company while eating some delicious salad and veggies and having a good cuppa java, is the best part of any meal.

Keep it up, Jo. You're doing great!

Huggies,

Renie

Jess said...

Yummy!!!!

Hope all is well

Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

I've never tried calamari although hear it often on US tv shows!

My mum often speaks of Lytham St Anne's!

Clippy Mat said...

well the payoff to your new diet/lifestyle is a completely new you so well done. and allow yourself to wallow in how far you've come. keep it up. it's inspiring. :-)

Pam said...

You and me both, girl, you and me both.