Sunday 23 August 2009

Trainee Domestic Goddess

The lemon cake was a great success. For those who want the recipe it is in Nigella Lawson's Domestic Goddess book under lemon loaf. I recommend it! It's a great book- full of comfort food.
The Mexican evening was also a great success. Happy times with lovely friends. I couldn't have a marguarita but my Shirley Temple cocktail ( alcohol free) slipped down just fine. And no hangover this morning.....
Later today when I have finished some paperwork is the spiced apple pie- I really do have the bug! Teenager is helping, and other half will be eating no doubt!
And finally, Newcastle United beat Crystal Palace two nil. Happy days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh I love Shirley Temples, reminds me of my childhood!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Glad all was a success! No hangover? BONUS!!!