Saturday 22 November 2008

Amsterdam and the busy week part one



I am back and as you can see I haven't had a moment since Tuesday to do a post. It has been a mad mad mad week !

The frustrating thing is- the more interesting things there are to report, the less time I have to report them.

Still a fairly quiet day is ahead of me tomorrow. Once I have done the reading and coffee service at Church I can have an afternoon of peace and blogging....

Today was spent at our Church PCC ( parochial church council) away day at the wonderful Rydal Hall near Ambleside. Anyone visiting- they do extremely reasonably priced bed and breakfast and the views are breathtaking. There is also a wonderful sense of peace there. A great contrast to busy airports and a hectic conference. I needed the re- charge.

First thing to mention about my trip to Holland. We stayed in a lovely hotel. The chain is called the Dorint. I had never heard of it before I went.

The hotel was near the airport. Lovely bedrooms- very quiet and well appointed ( soft comfy beds...). Food was great, service excellent. Folks- I was impressed. If you are taking a trip to Amsterdam I would recommend it.

No comments: