Wednesday 5 November 2008

tagged

That British Woman says everyone who reads her 4th November post is tagged. Since I have never been officially tagged I will take up the challenge.

We have to think of six things which are interesting or unusual about ourselves:




  1. I have met quite a few famous people, and several in elevators: Sting, Axel Rose from Guns and Roses, the rugby player Lawrence Dallaglio, and Damien Duff ( football player) being four examples.

  2. I have been to Iceland

  3. I used to work in a bookshop in London where Princess Diana bought books for Prince William.

  4. One of my favourite pastimes is going out for coffee

  5. I would love to visit New York and Hawaii

  6. I have a collection of china pug dogs and I would love to own a pug

6 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Jo,

Interesting answers to the meme. Did you actually see Princess Diana when she came into the store to buy books for Prince William? I love to go for coffee with friends as well. Oh, and Iceland must have been an interesting country to visit. Why don't you write about it?

As for the Chinese buffet day, it just means that on Wednesdays, some friends and I go to eat lunch at a Chinese Restaurant, where they have a buffet set up. We always enjoy it.

Hope your day has been going great!

Renie

Gill - That British Woman said...

I swear we are twins, I would love a pug also.

Gill

Lakeland Jo said...

Renie
Yes indeed- I met Princess Diana. I remember her as being very tall, very thin, and with the most fabulous complexion. My friend and I used to work together in the store and when she came in the first time we weren't too sure how to address her so we just behaved in an ultra polite way...it was a long time ago now- I was twenty!

Expat mum said...

Now remember two things if you get the pug - my kids will whine even more that "everyone they know has a dog", and - you'll have to walk it. Even in the rain.
Thought not.

Hadriana's Treasures said...

My hubbie nearly had Princess Di throw up in his pocket. I kid you not! I think he has signed the Official Secrets Act as he hates to talk about it! What would I give to be able to blog about it!!!

Lakeland Jo said...

I think my most bizarre famous person meeting was Nigel Benn the boxer in a hotel in Manchester. There was a fire/bomb alert in the middle of the night and he was in the room next to mine- we met in our dressing gowns in the corridor...