Thanks for all the feedback on my old counter. I have tried to re-load but the same problems kept re-occurring so I have deleted the whole thing.
Tomorrow, when I am having a better time with technology in general ,I will have another go at re-loading a new counter.
Not wishing to moan, but I thought I would list the problems I am having on technology and gadgetry in general at the moment. Is it something in the stars? Sigh
1. My laptop is still not fully recovered from the virus. I have permanently lost things, and my new firewall is too keen ( i.e: obstructive and time consuming!).
2. My mobile ( which I can't upgrade til end Feb ) has problems with the volume. Folk can hardly hear me speak ( it's a first). I need to send it away but the retailer I bought it from has no spare handsets and the sim card won't work in any other phone other than Motorola apparently.
3. My car is making a hideous noise: something to do with suspension springs requiring oil. Apparently it will take some big stripping down of the car affair which they can't do til next Wednesday. It is safe to drive but the noise gets some interesting stares from passers by. It stops making the noise once the car is going in a straight line over sixty miles an hour. Good to know.
4. My beloved IPOD ( bought when they first came out and probably a museum piece now, has stopped working completely). No audio books in the car, no restful hypno recordings to soothe the troubled mind, no music in the kitchen.
5. The tumble drier door has broken. Every time we need to get into it, another broken nail and bruised finger.
WHERE WILL IT ALL END.
Thinking of taking holy orders. I wonder if they will have me?