Never again for this hotel, even if the staff are lovely. Last night I booked in here last minute after a meeting. I was put in the annex in a cottage room. I was happy with this because I was told 'it is a big room, and nice and quiet'.
- The heating is broken. The radiators are dead. The porter came over to 'bleed' the radiators ( foul description) but no joy. Since I had unpacked I decided to put up with the heater they gave me which has as much heat as a cat's breath. Slightly more heat than the hairdryer though- if you blow on your hair it would dry quicker!! I don't like hot rooms, but no heating? And guess what- the temperature was below freezing. Sigh.
- There was no tv remote. Another trip for the sweet natured porter.
- The best had yet to come. At midnight the man upstairs came in to his room and it sounded like a football match being played on the floorboards. After a long talk with someone on the phone at what seemed like the top of his voice, he proceeded to wander around the room. At three am he was still at it. Why do people wander around all night? What are they doing?
- I was so tired I couldn't be bothered to move to do anything about it, and I doubt there is anything that could be done ( either than move me with all my unpacked stuff to another room...).......
- Astonishingly, I am now up ( and so is the lovely man upstairs-grrh) and feeling fairly bright. I managed to get a few hours ( earplugs- always in the bag), and tonight I will be in bed by half eight.
Have a great day folks!