Saturday 3 January 2009

The Woodland Trust


Today I am doing lots of little jobs. I have started to tidy away my Christmas decs though I will leave my lovely sparkly tree up for one more night. I feel is if it has just gone up, and it looks as good as new.

I have been throwing out a few bits and pieces ( off to the charity shop), and recycling Christmas cards. I use one half for shopping lists throughout the year, and the other half goes to the recycle bin for cards at the local supermarket.

I didn't send a lot of cards out this year. The ones I managed to get sent out went early in December and that was it. Next year! I get mine from St Mary's Hospice in Ulverston. I notice that many of the cards we received this year came supporting the Woodland Trust ( about twenty of them in fact!). I decided to see what it is all about. Click on the link to have a look.
Teenager is happily playing monopoly with a friend. They are on to their second game and are still speaking. Amazing really!

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

My younger son came for the weekend, and he has helped me get the tree down and out, which was good, because the tree is almost 8 feet and I'm only 5 feet! We did go shopping as well today. I will check out the Woodland Trust. Sounds like something I would like, since I'm a woodland person.

Hugs,

Renie

Janet said...

It's funny you should post this as I am a member of the Arbor Society here in the US. Up with trees. :-)

Unknown said...

I took my Christmas cards down this morning. I sent no cards this year and made none. Too tired after all the hospital stuff and Jim was no help because he and Jan chose two weeks before Christmas to come down with mega bugs. We didn't even get the Christmas tree in from the garden but it did look pretty with its icy frosting so I moved it to the front door where it gave a real seasonal feel.
Managed to get one small Christmas plaque up at the entrance hall and two Santa cushions on the couch, but that was as minimalist as it gets!!! Never mind, I actually got every one of the presents wrapped by early on Christmas Eve - a first for me - it's normally two in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Monopoly, but I seem to turn it into a blood sport and nobody wants to play with me anymore! (Who says you can't collect £100 from players each time they pass GO as a forfeit for being unable to pay your Mayfair hotel rent and to keep the game going for even longer???)